Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We are family...Brothers, Sisters, Second Cousins Twice Removed, Aunties and Me! - July 5

In this picture: Back Row: Mattieu, Ben, Mel, Sean, Philip, Front Row: Paulette, Melissa, Kathrine, Clare, Auntie Lil, Margaret

Sean and I woke up early in London (a wee bit jet lagged, but not too bad), and were treated to a wonderful breakfast by Tom. He made bacon, toast and poached eggs. I've only ever had poached eggs once before, and they were not nearly as wonderful as these! Also this bacon makes our bacon at home look like we are eatting slices of fat, it was so lean, and so flavorful, absolutly wonderful. He had Jamie Oliver books we had never seen before, and after flipping through, and after such a tasty breakfast, we are inspired to be better cooks when we get home.

Tom took us to the train station, and Clare, Sean and I went on the train to Matlock, which is where Clare's parent's live. Clare's dad Phillip picked us up from the station. When we got there I got to see Mom's Auntie Lil, now a young 95 and more mobile than those 15 years her junior. I was happy to see that she is still very very sharp, does stairs on her own, and that she seems very healthy and happy. Everyone was there, I tried to start and write a little about each of them only to find my blog was getting VERY long so I will summarize by saying that we are blessed with a very educated, interesting, humurous and joyful family.

No comments: